Accounting Clerk III
OB DESCRIPTION *
To provide support for the following departments: Financial Support Systems Support, Outgoing Funding Document Support, Incoming Funding Document Support, Accounting Office Support, Payroll Support, and the Government Travel Charge Card Support for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Comptroller’s Office.
Position will perform one or more of the following:
Financial Support Systems support:
- Execute batch jobs to support data entry, upload, and extraction within existing financial systems.
- Notify Government Operations Lead if any batch jobs fail to successfully complete.
- Complete Government-approved updates provided via the Code 01 Production distribution list to existing batch jobs.
- Update Operations Run procedures to verify they are current and accurate based on approved changes to existing batch jobs and/or schedules.
- Data file transfers manually or via a batch job, depending on the job stream as identified within the Operations Run procedures. Data file transfers may be between systems that are internal or external to NUWCDIVNPT.
- Analysis of existing batch jobs and schedules to verify jobs are executed in the most efficient manner and identify possible improvements to the Government POC.
- Implement Government-approved updates to the various Code 01 websites provided via the Code 01 Production distribution list.
- Route ASI user requests to the Government POC for review and approval.
- Upon receipt of Government approval, process the user account request.
Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) Support:
- Respond to inquiries from travelers requesting a GTCC, accessing functions in DTS and/or initiating the process in the credit card system.
- Enter temporary increases to GTCC credit limits via the CitiBank website.
- Deactivate and reactivate GTCCs via the CitiBank website.
- Review the Employee Movement File and process separating NUWCDIVNPT travelers by closing their GTCC accoSkills.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical to this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Outgoing Funding Document (OFD) Support:
- Monitor daily the outgoing funding email functional mailbox.
- Respond to routine inquiries regarding the OFD process.
- Scan OFDs received in the outgoing funding functional mailbox and to the recipient identified on the OFD twice daily (once between 1000 and 1100 and again between 1400 and 1500).
- Log receipt of all acceptance copies, including documents received by fax, to the outgoing funding share drive and OFD SharePoint site within two (2) days of receipt.
- Maintain outgoing funding document files, including the initial filing and any subsequent refiling, adhering to records management guidelines.
- Execute and analyze the outstanding commitment report in N-ERP and email the OFD receiving activity to request obligating documentation.
Incoming Funding Document (IFD) Support:
- Monitor daily the incoming funding email functional mailbox.
- Combine IFDs and any supporting documents received via the incoming functional mailbox and upload to the Automated Funding
- Document Acceptance (AFDA) SharePoint site twice daily once between 0900 and 1000 and again between 1300 and 1400.
- After official acceptance is completed by Code 01 Budget Analyst, review and complete the Analyst Sign Date field and Document Status field within the AFDA at least once a day.
- Forward IFD acceptance copies to external customers at least once a day.
- Scan and upload IFD acceptance copies to the AFDA site at least once a day.
- Respond to sponsor requests for acceptance copies of funding documents by providing requested documentation.
- Maintain and file hard copy documents for all FY15 and prior funding documents in accordance with records management guidelines.
- Retrieve files in support of data calls or audit requests received through the incoming functional mailbox.
- Prepare IFD pending report.
Accounting Office Support:
- Generate and review the N-ERP Billing Error Report after each billing; notify responsible party to request corrections to clear report errors and follow up each week to verify errors are corrected and notify the Government POC if errors are not cleared within 30 days of initial occurrence.
- Generate the EDW Status of Funds Report daily; reconcile report to data found in ASI and notify the Government POC of any funding documents that require closure based on this review.
- Review billing history and open accounts receivable report to verify all transactions are clear before finalizing any funding documents.
- When closing any funding document, distribute a Final 2193 Status of Funds request, file a hard copy to the incoming funding document folder, and upload an electronic copy to the AFDA SharePoint site.
- Maintain hard or electronic copies of accounting and financial documents consistent with existing filing system and applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Review open receivables general ledger account 1310.2100 after each Private Party billing occurs in accordance with the N-ERP billing schedule.
- Clear all open transactions with a zero balance in N-ERP prior to month end close.
- On a bi-weekly basis, enter time and attendance into the Defense Civilian Pay System (DCPS) after the N-ERP CATA run including retroactive adjustments as well as current time and attendance records.
- Generate the Outstanding Leave, Missing Time, Invalid Transaction (current and retroactive) and Conversion of Hours (current and retroactive) reports within DCPS; reconcile data to employee timecards on a weekly basis and make any required corrections identified by the reports.
Education and Experience: Position requires working knowledge of the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. High school diploma with five (5) years’ experience also required. An associate’s degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2 years of professional experience.
Security Clearance: Employee must undergo a favorable background check through local and national criminal databases and credit check as well as obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated NACLC.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.