Administrative Support (USAO)
To provide all clerical services required to perform the tasks related to the support of the United States Attorney's Office (USAO0 by providing a variety of direct assistance to the Administrative Officer, Human Resources Officer, Contracting Officer, Assistant United States Attorney's, paralegals, legal assistants, and other USAO personnel. Additionally, the Legal Support positions may also serve as the main office receptionist on a temporary basis but the main duties are more related to providing litigation clerical support.
- Types, edits, correct, etc., documents, charts; tables, etc., as required.
- Answers telephone calls.
- Controls access, ensuring visitors are properly cleared, badged and authorized entry to the office space.
- Notifies staff members of visitors or incoming calls.
- Receives and escorts visitors.
- Takes messages as necessary.
- Responds to Inquiries, providing general Information regarding office programs.
- Advises callers or visitors of appropriate Federal, State or local agencies to contact concerning matters - outside the USAO's purview and furnishes the needed address or telephone number when available.
- Receives, reviews, and distributes Incoming faxes, mall and packages.
- Ensures mall received from other agencies Is appropriately screened and distributed.
- Ensures dally incoming mall Is delivered and Is processed accordingly.
- Ensures daily outgoing mall Is available for pickup by mail carrier at the end of the day.
- Organizes In-house meetings, sends invitations, manages office calendar for attorneys.
- Supports meeting set up/break down.
- Performs quality control over own work.
- Performs simple maintenance on office machines such as copiers and fax machines.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical to this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED required. At least one year of word processing experience Including familiarity with specific office automation environment. Must be proficient In MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access or other databases, MSWord, Adobe Acrobat Professional. Must be able to type at a minimum rate of 65 wpm with an accuracy rate of 95%. Must use and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Pleasant telephone manner and pleasant manner in greeting visitors extremely Important. Ability to produce highest quality work under pressure very important.
Security Clearance: Employee must undergo a favorable background check through local and national criminal databases and credit check as well as obtain and maintain a favorable suitability determination as required by the contract. Appropriate background check must be maintained throughout employment.