Construction Project Accountant
Position: Construction Project Accountant
Location: Lansdale, PA or Bensalem, PA
Reports To: VP, Finance & Operations
Job Hours: Full-time
Who We Are
As a Veteran-Owned Business, we’re an entrepreneur, fast-growing team of project managers, estimators, superintendents, safety and administrative support personnel. As leaders in quality construction management, we’re committed to providing impeccable service to our clients, a safe work environment for our team, and an opportunity for our employees to grow and enjoy the benefits of work/life balance. Here at ALLY, we cultivate a collaborative environment that values tenacity, attention to detail, and comradery. Since outstanding customer service is our best product, we strive to build long-lasting relationships with our entire customer base.
As a Project Accountant reporting to the VP of Operations and Finance, you will provide accounting, finance, and administrative support to assigned personnel within the project teams located in PA. This role assists in processing, evaluating, managing, coordinating and overseeing various activities related to construction projects located within a region. Each assignment will focus on providing day-to-day oversight of accounting and operational functions in order to achieve project sustainability and success in accordance with defined target, strategies and goals. This position requires outstanding interpersonal skills, client service attitude, attention to detail, and superior multitasking abilities.
Responsibilities and Accountability
• Work with project team to ensure projects are billed timely and costs are accurate.
• Reconcile project costs and participate in quarterly project reviews.
Prepare monthly application for payment to the owner for each project under construction for all assigned construction personnel.
• Review AP Invoices related to assigned projects to determine whether they are in compliance and if they can be paid based on project funding.
• Help maintain an extensive job file system with documents to include those of individual subcontractors.
• Upload contracts for subcontractors and clients while ensuring proper documentation, exhibits, etc. are included and executed.
• Assist Project Managers with the job setup creation in the system for new projects awarded.
• Import budgets into the system for new projects.
• Process all contracts, purchase orders, and change orders for all projects under construction for all assigned construction personnel including working with vendors and subcontractors to obtain required documents and signatures.
• Prepare various documents and reports as requested by the Project Managers.
• Assist Operations/Finance team in gathering required information for payment (i.e. insurance
certificates, waivers, etc.) as requested.
• Prepare various documents and reports as requested by the VP of Finance.
• Create and post journal entries as needed.
• Reconcile detail general ledger and process any maintenance as needed.
• Apply cash receipts.
• Help with processing and maintaining the Accounts Receivable account.
• Participate in testing of new processes in the Jonas Premier software as needed.
• Assist with the month-end close process.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
• Must be a Team Player.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under time constraints.
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Jonas Premier and Microsoft Project.
• Detail oriented, organized, proven ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Customer service oriented with strong verbal and communication skills.
• Flexible availability and able to work overtime, if needed.
Minimum Required Education
• BS in Business Management, Finance, or Accounting.
• 3 years of related experience.
ALLY Construction Services offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please email us your resume with the position you’re applying as the subject line to [email protected].
ALLY Construction Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.