Construction Project Manger
- B.S. degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture plus a minimum of 5 years related experience or a minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Manager in the construction industry with a commercial or government general contractor.
Willing to Travel to California, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, when needed.
- Experience assisting in the management and coordination of multiple projects and subcontractors/vendors
- Experienced in producing detailed fixed price estimates; has the ability to use RS Means or other published unit price books to produce detailed line item estimates
- Experience working with Federal Government projects
- Experience with JOC, MATOC, MACC, IDIQ’s a plus
- Driver's license and reliable personal vehicle required
- Strong knowledge of construction means and methods
- Good understanding of the principles, methods, and techniques of Engineering
- Experience working with MS Word, MS Excel, estimating and scheduling software
- Working knowledge of Visio, AutoCAD, Google Sketch or other drafting of basic sketches a plus
- Intermediate negotiating skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Scope of Responsibility:
Manages multiple projects (1-8 projects simultaneously, ranging from $2,000 to $1,500,000 each or $1,500,000 annually) Responsible for CPM and/or MS Project scheduling and project cost control and risk management. Performs estimating duties when required. Coordinates with Project Architects, Engineers, and Superintendents. Responsible for contract administration, data entry, scope of work development, cost estimates, subcontractor buyout and coordination, scheduling, coordination with project architects and engineers, project meetings, project records and documents, managing customer relations and expectations.
- Ensure compliance with Acierto LLC Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.). Responsible for the
Ability to acquire and maintain OSHA Safety Course Certification, Red Cross First Aid, and CPR Certification, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers CQM certification.
Supervise and coordinate subcontractors and job site operations for contracts.
Review and provide input on project scope of work and development.
Help to establish and maintain project schedules including start, progress, and completion schedules.
Control all job site operations for compliance with contract requirements, noise and dust control, non-interruption of Owner activities, and utility shutdown procedures.
Provide daily Safety awareness and inspections to ensure the safety and well being of all personnel at the job sites.
Provide job site quality control checks to ensure the construction and materials are in accordance with project scope of work and Owner standards.
Prepare and submit accurate, detailed, electronic daily reports for the project. Post reports via email to corporate office.
Together with the Project Manager, prepare agenda and hold job progress meetings with subcontractors to coordinate project progress with minutes distributed to all parties.
Schedule all project activities in compliance with project schedule timelines
Punch list management and project closeout requirements.
Team player working directly with PSO, QC and sub contractors.
We are a national General Contractor providing renovation and design/build construction services around the Western US. Our clients are mainly Federal Government agencies.
All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This position requires daily, reliable transportation to and from project sites and the ability to travel and live within project contract area.
Quality Control Manager’s Role:
- Use past experience and knowledge of all aspects of constructions projects to ensure the construction meets or exceeds contractual requirements and maintains Acierto’s standard of excellence.
- Prepare and control of project Quality Control documentation prior to project commencement.
- Study plans, applicable codes, specifications and materials required to gain a thorough understanding of requirements.
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors on contractor documentation submittal. Review all submittals for compliance and stamp, sign and date submittals.
- Inspect construction daily to ensure all requirements are met and applicable methods are followed.
- Ensure that materials delivered are store safely and in an organized manner so as to be available and in high quality condition when needed.