HQ Services Team Lead
JOB DESCRIPTION *
Directly supervises and coordinates activities of the HQ Services team, overseeing File Share Management, Telecom, Remedy and Enterprise Asset Management to provide fast, friendly and efficient support services by performing the following duties.
Job duties include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Directly supervises all CSRs, Technical Analysts, and Application Managers assigned to the team.
- Responsible for leadership, management, performance management and professional development of direct reports.
- Completes, maintains and processes pertinent paperwork and records, to include workload data.
- Manage NMCI equipment located onsite and employees offsite.
- Recommends employees for remediation training when necessary
- Issues written and oral instructions
- Ensures an adequate work force is always available when planning leave and other absences of Team members
- Recommends new procedures for process improvement
- Identifies and recommends training needs.
- Responsible for strict adherence to CTI's policies, procedures, and coordinating use of material and human resources.
- Responsible for successful relationship management with federal customers responding to current and future needs appropriately.
- Ensures team work instructions are up to date
- Responds to team escalated issues
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and government regulations affecting procedures and entitlements.
- Provides reports as outlined when requested.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work on a computer for long periods of time each day.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
Security Clearance: A favorable NACI background investigation required. No access to classified material granted. Employee must maintain eligibility throughout employment. Active Security Clearance Preferred.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.