Local Fleet/Driver Dispatcher
Local Fleet/Driver Dispatcher for Moving Operations
Established, multifaceted and veteran-owned relocation company in Lorton, VA seeks experienced Local Dispatcher to dispatch and track around 25 vehicles and 45-75 employees a day while coordinating other operational activities. As our Local Dispatcher, you will be in direct daily contact with customers and crews for both local and long distance household goods moves. It is critically important to maintain contact with the leader of each crew to ensure jobs are being performed according to established guidelines in a timely fashion and that sufficient materials and equipment are available to complete the work. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with scheduling and dispatching of crews, providing oversight to ensure all necessary labor, materials, and equipment arrive at each job site in a timely manner
- Receives and maintains communications with crews regarding job status, problems, customer satisfaction, payment, etc.
- Upholds and enforces company standards and policies such as attendance and uniforms
- Calculates and communicates move charges to crews, processes credit card payments, and relays authorization numbers
- Conducts daily truck checks upon their return to base for cleanliness, maintenance, and security reasons
- Serves as primary point of contact for various requests, such as for time off, and promotions.
This position requires strong leadership, motivation, and discipline, as well as a positive, service-oriented attitude, exceptional problem-solving skills, and an ability to physically assist both movers and packers with their daily responsibilities as may be necessary in a demanding work environment.
- Experience in the household goods (HHG) and/or relocation industry is a plus but is not required
- Previous dispatching experience along with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations or at fault accidents in the last 3 years
- A “lead by example” mindset with an always positive outlook
We offer a dynamic work environment, competitive pay with comprehensive benefits, professional development, and exceptional promotional opportunities for motivated individuals. For consideration, APPLY TODAY!