We are seeking a Network Engineer to perform systems administration with great emphasis on NetScaler Load Balancer expertise, Fortinet Firewalls and CISCO Switches technical experience. The environment hosts standard enterprise applications and NOAA specific applications. Fault Tolerance and High Availability technologies are employed extensively to ensure reliability.
The successful candidate should have network engineering experience designing, installing, configuring and maintaining network devices and performing day-to-day network administration tasks.
REQUIRED SUPPORT INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide full administration of all Citrix NetScaler load balancing appliances which includes device upgrade tasks, content switch and virtual service administration, redirect and response policy creation and administration, access gateway administration, perform troubleshooting of web traffic related issues and cluster management.
- Install, setup, configure, troubleshoot and administer new and existing network routers, switches, and Fortinet firewalls following industry recommended and NOAA established procedures and protocols
- Install, setup, configure, troubleshoot and administer new and existing Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks following industry recommended and NOAA established procedures and protocols Provision and administer authoritative and recursive DNS services
- Install, setup, configure, troubleshoot and administer new and existing network monitoring tools, including but not limited to NAGIOS, Solarwinds, SNORT, Cacti, Open Monitoring Distribution (OMD) following industry recommended and NOAA established procedures and protocols.
- Run new network cabling (fiber and copper) in the data center
- Monitor network devices and resolve network related issues
- Maintain an accurate accounting of all network devices.
- Remediate vulnerability findings on all network devices
- Ensure network devices remain patched to the latest stable and compatible version of firmware, software, etc.
- Work with system administrators to configure new applications and address traffic-related issues.
- Provision and administer new and existing VPN tunnels to other locations.
- Provision and administer VPN user accounts for remote access.
- Maintain, and update as necessary, documentation (Visio Diagrams) of logical and physical connections that make up the NOAA1101 network.
- Manage, implement and configure network resource in cloud provided environments.
- Implementation and configuration of NetScaler features including: Load Balancing, Content Switching, SSL Offloading, URL Rewriting, Responder, Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB), GSLB Routing Methods, Content Filtering, Coaching/Compression and firmware/version updates.
- Full administration of all Citrix NetScaler network appliances.
- Install, configure, administer and troubleshooting Citrix NetScaler devices in the support backend servers
- Provision and administer SSL implementations using RSA/DSA keys
- Authentication systems integration (HSPD12 and RSA tokens/RADIUS)
- Implementation of system patches as scheduled with government concurrence
- Provision and implementation of VPN resources
- Provide on-call (e.g., pager or cell phone) network administration support 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (i.e., EE, CPE, MIS, IT) or equivalent experience
- Must have Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator (CCAA) for NetScaler 10 (or higher) or Citrix Certified Professional -Networking (CCP) certification
- 5+ years of experience managing NetScaler’s
- 2-4 years of experience managing firewall – Fortinet experience preferred
- 2-4 years of experience managing network devices (i.e. routers, switches – CISCO experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities along with horizontal integration skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
US Citizenship and must continuously reside in the United States for the last two years