Outside Sales Representative
Thermal Scientific, Inc. is a rapidly-growing, Texas-based distributor that sells over 400,000 laboratory, chemical, and industrial products. Thermal Scientific, Inc. is Family Owned and Veteran Operated Texas-based distributor, founded in 1962. We’re a rapidly-growing business with 5 branches located in Odessa, Alvarado, Amarillo, Corpus Christi, and Beaumont, Texas.
Thermal Scientific provides a comprehensive line of quality products including, but not limited to, chemicals, safety supplies, glassware, petroleum products, cleanroom supplies, specialty products, and much more. Some of the many industries we serve include petroleum, gas, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, life sciences, coal, medical, environmental, and nuclear industries.
Thermal Scientific is currently searching for a full-time Outside Sales Representative who believes in:
Continuously Improve All Working Relationships.
Take Responsibility. Learn From Mistakes. Repeat Success.
Generate Trust. Exhibit Honesty, Respect & Virtue.
Make Every Decision in the Service of Others.
Learn Something, Teach Something, Every Day.
Job Description includes but is not limited to:
The Sales Representative is responsible for speaking with clients and potential customers to help them learn about the company, products, and services. The duties include meeting with clients, explaining how products or services function, and providing product knowledge.
- Maintaining and growing existing customer base
- Conduct presentations to demonstrate the benefit of the product.
- Establish and maintain healthy, long-term relationships with clients to generate repeat business.
- Discover customers' needs and offer solutions to them through the company’s service or products.
- Research sales statistics and establish sales potential with new business in our target area.
- Use potential methods such as phone calls, emails, and social media to reach clients and build business relationships.
- Delivery of products to customers
- Updating customer accounts/information in Netsuite
Skills and Qualifications:
- Sufficient experience in selling to businesses and customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and persuasive skills for the purpose of closing deals
- Networking skills and the ability to handle numerous accounts with companies and customers
- Ability to explain products and benefits
- Passionate about selling and providing great customer service
- Excellent organization and management capabilities, including being a team player
- Able to lift 50 lbs. without any issues
- Background, drug screen, and physical
- Valid Driver’s License and clean MVR
- Overnight travel
- Available to work Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm
Preferred Skills/ Experience:
- Experience in Sales
- Experience with NetSuite ERP a plus
- Chemistry background or lab experience
- Hazmat Training Certification
Title: Outside Sales Representative
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Mon.-Fri.- 8am-5pm
Compensation: Wage:$40,000 - $50,000. Subject to Experience.