The Receptionist will provide widespread knowledge of Airman and Family Readiness Center (A&FRC) services and activities, customer service, and communication skills appropriate in a social service environment to maintain the Customer Resource Center located in the A&FRC. The primary emphasis of the position is to greet and assist both walk-in and telephone customers, assist customers with questions regarding general A&FRC programs and services, and referring customers to A&FRC counselors as appropriate. In addition, the employee shall provide data entry support to A&FRC staff. Employee must become familiar with all available services; and be able to provide Air Force and commercial social service program referral information to clients as applicable in a manner which in no way offends any member of the A&FRC clientele. Recognize and acknowledge clientele with a cognizance of hierarchy and protocol with reference to military rank, civilian grades, and Wing and Tenant Unit organizations. Employee must be able to work with a diverse clientele.
- Meet and greet customers upon entry to A&FRC and provide immediate assistance, directing customers to the appropriate A&FRC staff member or Customer Resource Center as needed.
- Answer A&FRC main phone line within 3 rings, assist callers with A&FRC services and class information and registration, and direct calls to appropriate staff member.
- Ensure all customers sign in to document usage of computers in Customer Resource Center.
- Perform data entry duties using Air Force Family Integrated Results and Statistical Tracking (AFFIRST) or other designated Department of Defense database as required by A&FRC staff. Perform typing duties as duties as required by A&FRC staff.
- Utilize AFFIRST to maintain workshop schedules and register participants for all A&FRC classes, events and briefings.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel worksheets to maintain and transfer data to AFFIRST, or other designated
- Department of Defense database, and create usage reports as required by A&FRC.
- Provide Customer Resource Center orientations for walk-in customers and participants of A&FRC workshops. Orientations should include assisting customers and class participants who are not familiar with the Customer Resource Center and ensuring customers and participants understand the computer set-up, resources, policies and procedures.
- Assist customers with technical questions concerning use of computers and computer programs including the formatting of materials to be printed and operation of other electronic equipment including fax. For issues that cannot be rectified by Receptionist/Program Assistant, Creech Communication Help Desk will be contacted for assistance or create a Communication Help Desk ticket, if necessary.
- Perform minor troubleshooting on computers, printers and scanners. Tasks include keeping printers loaded with paper, clearing paper jams, and changing toner cartridges.
- Conduct weekly checks of client computer usage. Report improper computer use and/or any signs of viruses or server/network problems.
- Ensure computer workstations are clean, neat and orderly.
- Maintain reference library, which includes books, CDs, websites, information, referral services and computer resources. Check in and catalog new materials within one week of receipt into AFFIRST, develop lists of all resources, and make recommendations for ordering additional or updated resources. Maintain a cataloging system for materials, and assist clients in locating and selecting appropriate resource materials based on their needs
- Accountable for materials and equipment. Responsible for checking in/out resource materials and equipment through AFFIRST or other designated method. Follow up on materials not returned within the timeframe established by A&FRC management.
- Ensure Customer Resource Center is neat and organized. Update resource racks and files as new. Update brochure racks and bulletin boards with A&FRC information. Create and update quarterly flyers brochures, programs and trifolds using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Publisher. These marketing materials will be locally created, modified and copied as needed depending on the volume of usage or currency.
- Assist in preparation of classroom for A&FRC classes and configuration/orderliness following classes, and if requested, develop monthly A&FRC monthly events calendar based on programs and classes offered at the A&FRC, using Microsoft Publisher. Publicize activities/events using established venues identified by the A&FRC Director. Prepare monthly calendar posters as well as tabletop calendars for dining facility tables.
- Before the workday of each month, deliver posters to established display locations on base; update tabletop holders at dining facility with updated calendar.
- Check A&FRC mail box weekly and distribute A&FRC mail.
- Assist with kitchen details when necessary, i.e., dishwasher load/unload, coffee/tea availability, and countertop cleanliness.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical aspects of this position.
Education and Experience: Minimum of a High School Diploma required. Must have a minimum of at least one year of related experience in a customer service environment. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher. Must have knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports. Must communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using tact and courtesy. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.. Must have the ability to plan, organize work and meet deadlines. Must maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner; ensuring the area is conducive to a customer friendly environment. Must dress appropriately for a profession.
Security Clearance: Employee must undergo a background check with local and national criminal databases and credit check to obtain and maintain a favorable Public Trust suitability determination
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.