- overland park, KS
- May 8, 2019
Objective Currently searching for a responsible position offering career development and advancement opportunity where my education, motivation, diverse experience, strong work ethic, and ability to provide creative solutions will provide value.
Twenty plus years of experience in project management, project control, client relations, planning and scheduling construction activities construction and design. Leadership and supervision of numerous team projects.
Education BS Business Administration
Emporia State University 2003
30 hour OSHA Training Course
Work experience 1999 - 2013 BlueScope Construction, Inc. Kansas City, MO
Supporting 10 Project Managers in all aspects of construction turnkey projects for multiple national clients. Responsible for key elements of project management including creation and writing of contracts, change orders, scope of work, scheduling, order management, process improvement, pre-qualify prospective sub-contractors, pricing, credit and insurance issues. Maintaining, updating & managing all FTP “SharePoint” Document Control websites.
1997 - 1999 Froehlich Construction, Inc. Lee’s Summit, MO
A member of a five man rough-in framing crew. Responsible for the basic aspects of framing residential homes.
1995 - 1997 Prairie Life Center, Inc. Overland Park, KS
Courtesy Services Director
Scheduled, managed and trained the Courtesy Services Department, (10 to 15 employees). Additional duties included Pro-Shop Manager, responsible for the ordering, organization, pricing and inventory maintenance of the club’s pro shop. Also produced and published the club’s monthly newsletter.
1994 - 1995 Discovery Zone, Inc. Chicago, IL
Responsible for scheduling, managing, and final inspection for new Discovery Zone play equipment installations for the Western Region of the United States and Canada.
● Managed and supervised the installation of 60, $120,000 new project installations in a period of six months.
● Scheduled and maintained an 100% on time installation completion deadline.
● Redesigned installation equipment to improve installation time and child safety.
● Assisted in the draft and implementation of the Service and Maintenance Manual for the Discovery Zone Family Fun Centers.
1991 - 1994 Sports & Play Design, Inc. Lenexa, KS
Scheduled, trained, and supervised 18-20 crewmembers for the installation of several Family Fun Centers Nationwide.
● Installed 15 Discovery Zone Fun Center as a 4 man crew leader.
● Promoted to Warehouse Supervisor, managed a staff of 8 employees responsible for the pre-assembly and shipping
● Initiated a cost control program resulting in 15% Cost Savings
1984 - 1988 U.S. Marine Corps. U.S. & Overseas
E-4 Corporal, Military Police Officer
Received training as an MP and was responsible for training, productivity, Job Performance, and the reviews of a Military Police Squad. (15-20 Marines)
● Selected by the Provost Marshal to attend the Arizona Law Enforcement Training Academy in Tucson, AZ. (13 week academy)
● Certified as an Arizona State Law Enforcement Officer.
● Received the Marine Corps. Good Conduct Medal.