- West Melbourne, Florida
- November 12, 2018
Martin L. Riske
25 Nina Jean Drive
West Melbourne, Fl. 32904
(321) 409-5863 Email: [email protected]
. 20 + years IT/Technical Writing professional
. Over 20 years in technical documentation, instructional design and training - full time and contract
- Computer software and hardware, pharmaceutical, financial, ecological sciences
. 22 years as a computer instructor - programming, operating systems, and various intro classes on Microsoft products
- Legacy and PC environments, networking and telecommunications
- Multimedia (CBT, IVI, Linear Video)
. MS Office Suite products; WordPerfect; Adobe Acrobat; RoboHelp; Snagit; SharePoint; HTML; COBOL; Dropbox; IBM Assembler; Basic; “C”, RPG, FORTRAN, Agile and VISIO
- IBM MVS/ESA, VSE/ESA, VM, MS Windows, UNIX, AIX
Senior Technical Writer/Consultant
July 2017 – Present
Report to the CEO and Operations Manager. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Create/Modify the WebReads user manual for the National Library System (NLS) - U.S. Government
- Modify and assist in creating Business Proposals based on RFP’s and RFI’s for the CEO of Data Management
- Create/Modify additional documentation for various departments as requested
EXPERIENCE: June 2012 – October 2012
All Points Logistics (Contract for URS/ISC at KSC) March 2013 – June 2013
Senior Technical Writer/Consultant
Report to the Branch Manager: FSEU O&M Division – Maintenance Management Support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Converting existing utility procedures to new, current procedure template
- Converting Legacy OMIs into Job Plans for upload into Maximo
- Proof read/Edit revised Preventive Maintenance Job Plans for submittal into Maximo
Documents are also reviewed for accuracy, consistency and readability.
EXPERIENCE: November 2011 – June 2012
All Points Logistics (Contract for Saab Training USA)
Senior Technical Writer/Business Analyst
Report to the Saab Training USA Acctg/HR/FSO at Saab Training USA in Orlando
Worked independently to produce the following:
- The design and creation of new templates or modification to existing templates for the development of internal Saab training USA processes
- Develop company policy statement and program components
- Create a Safety and Health Program Manual composed of over 50 different elements
- Worked closely with the Safety and Health Manager to create and organize Safety and Health data in accordance with OSHA requirements for Saab Training USA’s Safety and Health program
- Document Requisitions and Purchasing, Receiving, Accounts Payable and Receivables group procedures for internal training using the Deltek Costpoint Accounting system
- IT department system documentation
- OSI 9000 compliance
EXPERIENCE: April 2011- July 2011
Ranstad Corporation (contract work for HSBC) – Financial
Senior Technical Writer – Brandon Florida
Create, update and maintain several hundred procedural and policy documents for the Servicing, Strategy, and Commissions department at HSBC. Work closely with corporate and legal to define and tune company wide financial policy documentation that includes bankruptcy, foreclosure, and litigation procedures.
Aerotek Corporation (contract work for EG&G) July 2010 October 2010
Technical Writer – Kennedy Space Center (KSC)
Under contract for EG&G, I was directed to modify, create, and maintain over 200 Operations and Maintenance Instruction manuals (OMIs) for NASA working with a writing team of 5 under tight deadlines in the Safety and Emissions Assurance group (Quality).
These documents were converted from non-compliant status into compliance with NASA document standards. New templates, troubleshooting guides, and style definitions were created. Some of the categories included:
- Support Facilities
- Life Support
15 documents were also modified or created for the IT security department in July of 2010 to be compliant for an upcoming audit. I worked alone on these documents.
Climate Solutions Analyst/Senior Technical Writer April 2007 to 2010
Responsibilities include: Plan, write, format, and edit documentation including UN Project Design Documents (PDDs), UN Monitoring Reports, O&M manuals, user's guides, procedures, work instructions, installation guides. Also responsible for supplemental job aides, workflows, intranet content, and other information products for release online and as hard copy. Ensure clarity, completeness, technical accuracy and usability of all documentation produced. Adhere to all established style guidelines, procedures, and schedules. Manage multiple documentation projects and project components.
Senior Technical Writer December 2006 to April 2007
Responsibilities include: Plan, write, format, and edit documentation including UN Project Design Documents (PDDs), UN Monitoring Reports, O&M manuals, user's guides, procedures, work instructions, installation guides. Also responsible for supplemental job aides, workflows, intranet content, and other information products for release online and as hard copy. Ensure clarity, completeness, technical accuracy, and usability of all documentation produced. Adhere to all established style guidelines, procedures, and schedules. Manage multiple documentation projects and project components.
This and the above positions require proficiency using the following software tools: MS Office Suite, Visio, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat. The similarities in jobs descriptions are the result of the companies merging.
DRS Tactical Systems
Technical Writer January 2005 to October 2006
Create Assembly Documents (AD’s) working closely with Mechanical Engineers (ME) on various projects. These documents are procedural in nature and contain step-by-step written instructions, schematics, and photographs for shop assemblers to assemble a given military communications product on an assembly line. This included using the Agile data base
. Created a document on how to create an Assembly Document (AD)
. Created/maintained hundreds of manufacturing Assembly Documents
. Completed numerous Labor Estimates for the Accounting Department
. Created several presentations for ME training classes
Microsoft WINDOWS, DOS, UNIX, AIX, MVS/ESA, VM/ESA, VSE/ESA, Z/OS
Other systems and subsystems:
DEC/VAX, VSAM, NETVIEW, JCL, POWER, JES, CICS, IMS
WORD, EXCEL, WORKS, WordPerfect and WordPerfect for WINDOWS, LOTUS 1-2-3, Icon Author and the Phoenix authoring system for the Micro and Mainframe environment, RoboHelp, HTML, Adobe Acrobat, VISIO, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, SharePoint, Snagit.
Assembler, COBOL, FORTRAN, BASIC, 'C', PowerHouse.
IBM 3081, 3083, 4341, 4381, 309X, ES/9000, IBM PC
Banking Marketing Eco Sciences
Financial Sales IT
College of Dupage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois Illinois Benedictine College, Lisle, IL
A.A.S. in computer science B.S. in computer science
George Williams College and many additional company supplied courses in computer technology and instructional design.