- North Wilkesboro, NC
- April 29, 2020
Nelson Gonzalez Jr.
United States Navy Veteran and Electrical Technician with progressive experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting complex electrical systems. Consistently recognized for rapidly and cost-effectively resolving challenging technical issues. Known as an active listener with remarkable team coordination skills. Proven ability to uphold a high standard of providing premier customer service with a meticulous work ethic.
Control Systems Technician, April 2019 – Current
Thermo Systems, North Carolina
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of instrumentation and controls
- Troubleshoot and modify existing HMI and SCADA applications
- Assist in project installation, startup and commissioning
- Read and interpret piping & instrumentation diagrams and wiring diagrams.
- Follow company and client safety procedures and requirements
- The ability to work independently, as well as, on a project team
- Perform point-to-point checks on instrumentation to verify functionality
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Construction Safety Certifications
- OSHA 10/30 Certified – September 2019
- NFPA 70E Certified – August 2019
Academy of Advanced Manufacturing – January 2019 - March 2019
- Industrial Automation
- Drives and Motors
- Machine and Plant Floor Safety
- Visualization and Information Software
- Professional Skills
Union County College, Cranford, NJ – January 2016 – May 2020
- Associates of Liberal Studies (AAS)
- Vice President, Student Council
- Project Lead, Engineering Club
- President/Founder, Visuals Club
US Navy Technical Training
- MH-60S Helicopter Electronic System Maintenance – January 2014
- Wire System Repair – January 2014
- Aviation Electronics Technician Apprentice Training – June 2013
A+ Certification, CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association) – January 2017
- Configuring and supporting PC, mobile, and IoT device hardware
- Implementing data backup and recovery methods and applying data storage and management best practices
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems utilizing wiring diagrams, schematics, multimeters, wire strippers, oscilloscopes, borescopes, power equipment, and mechanical tools
- Analyze and record data from sensors, mission computers, and test equipment to perform calibrations to ensure optimal operation of equipment
- Install and repair small to large electronic devices
- Implement system revisions, upgrades, and testing
- Solder electrical components and wires
- Utilize multiple data loaders, removable memory, and Ethernet protocols for firmware revisions
Hardware / Software
- Construct and configure custom computing environments according to specifications required by end user
- Install and replace motherboards, hard drives, network interface cards, multimedia card readers, network modems, power supplies, RAM, and network interface cards
- Install and configure Routing and Remote Access (RAS), Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), and Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Configure and troubleshoot peripheral devices including video network cabling (coaxial, twisted pair), Ethernet hubs, switches, and routers
Operating Systems / Applications / Programming Languages
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and support software in Windows and macOS operating systems
- Create and administer user group accounts; configure TCP/IP protocol suite; and administer file and print services
- Proficient in programming Java IDE, Python, Arduino IDE, and C++
- Proficient in RSLogix 5000, (Prosoft) Modbus, FactoryTalk Studio, DriveExplorer, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), and Logic X Pro
MILITARY WORK EXPERIENCE
Aviation Electronics Technician, 2012 - 2016
UNITED STATES NAVY, Norfolk, VA
Ensured operating, protection, and accountability of unit’s top-secret radio systems. Troubleshot issues identified by pilots and performed quality control on multiple helicopters during time critical military flight operations. Utilized detailed schematics and electronic wiring diagrams to troubleshoot Radio systems, Tactical Air and Navigation systems, Mission Computers, and Data Concentrator Units. Uploaded and configured firmware on all onboard avionics components. Repaired down to the component level or wires, loose plugs, malfunctioning connectors, relays, and shorts. Trained current and newly assigned members to maintenance department.
- Saved unit over $28K in costs by designing, coordinating, and executing a repair plan for 24 individual telecommunications cabling systems.
- Contributed to team achievement of 98% flight operations success by effectively leading a team of 5 technicians in the completion of 400+ maintenance actions.
- Significantly reduced downtime of aircraft by retrofitting 40+ headsets with telecommunication capabilities, allowing maintenance personnel to establish communication with operators during live flight operations.