Accounting Clerk (Giles McIvor Inc)
Company Name: Giles McIvor Inc
Company Location: 11015 Blasius Road, Jacksonville, FL 32226
Responsible for providing accounting support to the Executive Vice President (EVP) and other accounting personnel within the department. Inputs company accounting data into QuickBooks accounting software in accordance with GMI’s Accounting Manual and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Inputs company data, runs reports and analysis data from Paychex Payroll and HR system. Generates various accounting and operational reports.
- Process all monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual tax and unemployment reports and returns for GMI including but not limited to 940, 941, 1099, 1096, w-2, w-3, UCT-6, sales and use tax, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other requirements submit to EVP/COO for review before sending to the government.
- Prepare accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports.
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations.
- Maintain tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Organize and maintain current accounting records and proper storage of past accounting records.
- Maintain and update Accounting Training manual.
- Maintain and process Purchase Orders.
- Gather, review and process Payroll and Weekly Payroll taxes, Garnishments and Levies for GMI.
- Process and reconcile Accounts Receivable, deposits, credit card payments
- Review, analyze and process Accounts Payable documents.
- Process monthly SCA reports for Accounts Receivable contracts.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical for this position.
- Process lien releases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is primarily sedentary.
Education and Experience: High School as well as a minimum of five years of general accounting experience or two years of full-time academic study in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. All experience should demonstrate progressive accounting experience. Be proficient and have demonstrated experience in the use of the following software: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel; QuickBooks accounting software, PayChex Payroll and HR platform. Professional demeanor and strong customer services skills preferred. Must have experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
GMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of GMI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.