Administrative Assistant (Giles-McIvor Inc)
Company Name: Giles-McIvor Inc
Company Location: 11015 Blasius Road, Jacksonville, FL 32226Support high-volume production environments and perform a variety of duties necessary to ensure that the Support Department activities are conducted efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for initiating and monitoring a full range of duties to include: performing, providing, obtaining, and/or advising on a variety of administrative services essential to the direction and efficient operation of the company and other related duties, including but not limited to:
- Manages and maintains daily and long-term appointment calendars for the management staff and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Ensures travel arrangements are accurately prepared in a timely manner for all GMI employees.
- Ensures office supplies are procured and maintains an available supply at all times.
- Analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
- Composes correspondence for the President, Executive Vice President and their subordinates in the areas of office support services, administration, personnel management, document control logistics, and a variety of other administrative matters.
- Supervises internal procedures to secure adequate control in terms of deadlines, process reports and directives and uses own initiative in developing procedures.
- Assist the Director of Admin/Facilities Security Officer (FSO) with…
- maintaining contract files, correspondence, and costing models for all contracts and subcontracts.
- maintaining all business development and contract files, correspondence, draft proposals, and final proposals.
- maintaining a high state of readiness of repair and operations of equipment and appearance.
- safekeeping, control and issuance of all keys to GMI spaces and locked containers and conducts key inventories as scheduled.
- maintaining accurate accountability of GMI assets and conducts inventories as scheduled.
- executing GMI Safety Program in accordance with established guidelines.
- maintaining facility security system of all GMI spaces.
- Punctuality and attendance are critical to the success of this position.
- May be required to participate in the emergency continued operations (COOP) plan, which may include evacuating to an alternate city/state.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: High School as well as a minimum of five years of general administrative experience or two years of full-time academic study in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. All experience should demonstrate progressive administrative experience. Be proficient and have demonstrated experience in the use of the following software: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
Professional demeanor and strong customer services skills preferred. Must have experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is primarily sedentary.
GMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of GMI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.