Travel Clerk (NUWC-DISB)
Position summary: (Temporary Assignment expected to end March 2023)
***Signing Bonus of $500 and $500 end of March 2023***
To provide support for the following departments: Disbursing Office Support and Transportation Incentive Program (TIP) Support for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Comptroller’s Office.
Position will perform one or more of the following:
Disbursing Office Support
- Complete initial review and validation of DTS vouchers within five (5) business days of submission.
- Route complete travel vouchers to the Government Travel Approving Official (AO). For incomplete travel vouchers, collect missing information required for the completion of vouchers. Information shall be collected from the department travel POC associated with the traveler. If the information cannot be collected within two (2) business days of initial review, the incomplete vouchers shall be routed to Code 013 Government personnel.
- Convert overseas travel expenses in foreign currency to U.S. dollars for all foreign travel vouchers.
- Research DTS voucher rejections; DTS voucher rejections will be received via DTS-generated emails. Identify corrective action to the department financial POC responsible for the travel voucher.
- Once a week, make copies of the DD Forms 1131 submitted and file the copy in accordance with records management guidelines.
Transportation Incentive Program (TIP) Support
- Provide guidance to employees completing the TIP application.
- Notify TIP participants via email when program reimbursement is available.
- Verify eligibility of new applicants and submit completed TIP applications to Code 013 TIP POC.
- Review TIP withdrawal applications for completeness and accuracy. The contractor shall send the withdrawal application to Code 013 Government personnel and update the TIP Quarterly Validation Report. Withdrawal applications shall be processed within one (1) day of receipt.
- Post updates to the TIP share drive; updates shall include participant and payment data.
- Conduct monthly review of vanpool attendance sheets. Perform reconciliation between the vanpool attendance sheets, the participants’ time and attendance records, and actual travel records. Results of the reconciliation shall be provided to the Code 013 TIP POC.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information