General Clerk III (Temporary Assignment) – (GCL3_03042022)
***Signing Bonus of $250 and $250 at end of the contract Sep 30, 2022 ***
To provide support services for the United States Department of Agriculture- Natural Resources NRCS staff with conservation program documentation, general administration, and office business functions.
The functions listed are typical and are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned:
- All work must be completed in accordance with NRCS Idaho policies, procedures and the local Field Office Technical Guide (FOTG) requirements.
- Provide support with collecting and assembling cost data and processing payment application requests and programs; reviewing a wide variety of invoices, vouchers, and other miscellaneous paperwork associated with NRCS Programs.
- Assists with compiling all necessary supporting documents to substantiate payment requests, ensures that payment requests comply with provisions of long term contracting and are within obligated spending limits prior to submission of payment.
- Assists with tracking producer requests for wetland compliance and highly erodible and assistance. Maintains wetland determination and highly erodible land case files including producer submitted records, conservation plans and associated maps.
- Tracks requests for appeals related to issued determinations.
- Assists in accuracy reviews of documentation, compliance with regulations, a justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements and other requests for payment of goods and services; processes program payment information; prepares for District Conservationist’s signature and forwards completed document to financial management staff for payment.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining contracting files and producer records. This includes receiving and assembling program applications and collecting producer eligibility information. Responsible for compiling contract documentation including, but not limited to, conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data and technical material.
- Assists with driving Government vehicles to local shops for routine maintenance; tracks vehicle maintenance and mileage logs.
- Assists NRCS staff in working between contractors and landowners regarding schedules office machine tech support and maintenance calls. Supply practice statements of work and deliverables.
- Processes mail by use of proper postage, preparation of packages for shipment, provides drop off at delivery sites, provides pickup and distribution of packages (shipping/receiving).
- Compiles contract documentation including but not limited to: conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data, and technical material.
- Assists with assembling technical notes and project documentation required to process modifications.
- Provides a variety of technical information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and land eligibility requirements.
- Provides guidance to program applicants and participants on the completion of required conservation planning steps and provide basic explanations regarding practice statements of work and deliverable requirements for conservation.
- Assist with uploading of photos to Toolkit and Data Management System program participation. Contractor support will defer to NRCS officials for site specific comments or questions.
- Contact cooperators to follow-up on the status of conservation plan progress and transfer landowners to the appropriate staff when there are concerns with acceptance of the agreed upon conservation measures.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical aspects of this position.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.