Administrative Assistant (6-8 Week Temp Assignment)
Position summary: (6-8 Week Temp Assignment)
Support high-volume production environments and perform a variety of duties necessary to ensure that U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL’s) activities are conducted efficiently and effectively. Including but not limited to the following tasks and programs:
General Administrative and Program Support
- Schedule meetings and conference calls; reserve conference rooms; escort visitors to and from CRCL meetings; compile port-event attendee lists and evaluations at the direction of the meeting organizer; assist staff with making travel arrangements and preparing travel vouchers; and make and answer phone calls.
- Manage multiple calendars.
- Photocopy and assemble meeting and briefing materials; prepare, package and ship meetings and conference materials.
- Conduct research on a variety of civil rights and liberties issues; prepare, send, and track routine correspondence; manage incoming and outgoing mail; and prepare routine reports.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical to this position.
- Perform other duties as required.
Equal employment Opportunity and Diversity Branch
- Enter case data and scan/upload relevant documentation into an EEO compliant tracking database; monitor compliant tracking data entered into the database by other DHS component EEO offices; and identify missing or inaccurate data and coordinate with Complaints Management supervisor or team lead to resolve problems or participate in resolution efforts and strategy.
- Ensure the timely and accurate assignment of incoming request for Final Action, appellate decisions, and general correspondence; research and resolve any mail that is returned for incomplete/incorrect addresses or refusal to accept delivery; prepare final action closure letters for EEO complaints settled or withdrawn; mail or e-mail final actions, correspondence, and other materials, and track receipt of mailed and e-mailed items; and verbally or in writing, respond to routine status inquiries regarding preparation of final actions.
- Prepare recurring workload reports from the complaints database or other sources, as assigned by DHS Senior Complaints Manager. Produce recurring database reports and evaluate complaint inventory and work produced by Complaints Management and Adjudication Section, for submission to DHS Senior Complaint Manager, to facilitate preparation of the EEOC Form 462 Report and quarterly data posting requirement of the No FEAR Act.
Education and Experience: High School as well as a minimum of five years of general administrative experience or two years of full-time academic study in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. All experience should demonstrate progressive administrative experience. Prefer experience with DHS policies, procedures and systems supporting Department of Homeland Security (DHS) supporting mid-level management staff. Be proficient and have demonstrated experience in the use of the following software: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Excel. General office experience (scanning, converting documents to .pdf files, modifying scanned documents); professional demeanor and strong customer services skills preferred. Must have experience working in a fast paced work environment.
Security Clearance: Employee must have a favorable suitability determination by DHS and maintain it throughout their employment.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.