Facility Support Specialist
To provide Facilities Support Services to the DNDO to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Facilities services: reception support, conference room coordination, officesupplies management, mail services, and building requests.
- Assist with space planning, allocation of space, maintaining floor plans, anddocumenting space requirements.
- Liaison with building lessor regarding facility issues (e.g., repairs and maintenance,power outages, building closures, and cleaning services).
- Serve as government representative for facilities related contracts, collecting anddocumenting DNDO customer requirements, advising on contractor technical
performance, verifying delivery, and maintaining file documentation.
- Assist with management of facilities budget and acquisition requirements; develop costestimates, obtain quotes from vendors, prepare procurement requisitions and related
documentation, monitor invoicing, and track expenditures.
- Perform emergency occupant planning (EOP) and continuity of operations planning(COOP).
- Liaison with DHS Headquarters staff regarding facilities, mail services, car and courierservices, and other related programs.
- Plan and manage office moves and relocations.
- Assist with equipment and furniture requests and selections, providingrecommendations for meeting the specified requirements, meet with vendors, request cost estimates, arrange delivery schedules, and coordinate installations.
- Receive, and track government property, including furniture.
- Track and maintain daily, and on-going, task reports.
- Arrange conference room set-up and assist with special events that require facilitiesservices.
- Maintain and order office supplies, to include receipt and distribution of incomingsupplies, storage and inventory.
- Order equipment maintenance (non-information technology).
- Assign and track property, equipment, and furniture. Assist with small equipment and furniture assembly.
- Liaison with building management staff regarding facility issues (e.g., power outages, building closures, cleaning services).
- Assist with office moves and relocations, packing boxes, moving items (less than 20lbs), and hanging pictures and bulletin boards.
- Arrange for courier services and special mail delivery.
- Liaison with HQ mail services staff when appropriate to request supplies or services.
- Furnish information to staff regarding facilities related matters including emergency planning and safety.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical to this position.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree or 4 years of related experience. Prefer experience with/at Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Be proficient and have demonstrated experience in the use of the following software: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Excel.
Physical Requirements: This position is physical in nature requiring, for example, standing for extended periods of time, walking extensively, lifting/moving up to 50lbs (to, for example, receive/deliver copy paper, office supplies and office furniture and to configure conference rooms including moving tables and chairs), and bending/stooping/crawling to plug and unplug computer and power cables.
Security Clearance: SECRET. Employee must maintain eligibility at the level required by the contract throughout employment. Employee must also undergo a favorable background check through local and national criminal databases and credit check as well as obtain and maintain DHS favorable suitability/EOD determination by DHS.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.