General Clerk II- (GENCL2_05232023)
To provide support services for the United States Department of Agriculture- Natural Resources NRCS staff with conservation program documentation, general administration, and office business functions.
The functions listed are typical and are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned:
- Assisting agency staff with program documentation, including but not limited to preparing and processing documents and correspondence, checking documents for accuracy and completeness, gathering information, reconciling payment documents, recording data, establishing and maintaining files, and transmitting information.
- Assisting agency staff with various accounting functions such as processing actions related to unfilled customer orders. This will include reviewing, monitoring, and tracking billing and collections of the agency’s receivables.
- Assisting staff with travel arrangements such as research for hotel locations and costs, purchasing such as gathering pricing sheets and preparing AD-700 and obtaining funds approval, typing bulletins, records management and correspondence, mail management and distribution, and other administrative services in support of any NRCS program or operation. Assists staff with preparing reports and answering inquiries. Gathers data for reports, inputs information into databases and helps with special projects. Scan documents for future audit preparation and storage or for submission for data calls.
- Reviewing and verifying technical and professional materials prepared by staff specialists for format and grammatical accuracy, including interpretative materials, technical reports, memorandums, advisory notices and technical notes.
- Maintaining office files, manuals, handbooks and reference library, both paper and electronic, according to NRCS and department guidelines and requirements.
- Answers telephone, greets visitors and signs for incoming deliveries.
- Shall have proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite software, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access. The contractor shall demonstrate the use of appropriate language to communicate ideas in words and print based on the audience and situation.
- Assist with or prepare meeting cost estimate packages.
- Maintain and update organizational charts in PowerPoint.
- Complete standard forms for various purposes but not limited to: computer access and PIV changes, IRM-03, property forms, and AD1143.
- Types certificates such as but not limited to length of service, certificates of appreciation, and merit.
- Assists with fleet management such as, but not limited to, vehicle inventory, mileage reporting, and vehicle transfers.
- Assists with or completes property inventory reports.
- Assists Area Soil Scientist with clerical type duties primarily dealing with Wetland and HEL.
- Assists Plant Materials Manager with repetitive administrative office tasks and forms such as vehicle logs, inventory, purchasing, etc.
- Assists Cultural Resources Archeologists with word documents, mailing and tracking of requests, vehicle reports.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Education and Experience: High School degree or its equivalent with at least 2 years of experience or 4 years experience in the field or in a related area.
Security Clearance: Employee must undergo a background check with local and national criminal databases and credit check to obtain and maintain a favorable Public Trust suitability determination. Must hold a valid driver’s license.