General Clerk III – (GC3B_08072023)
- Reviewing and verifying technical and professional materials prepared by staff specialists for format and grammatical accuracy, including interpretative materials, technical reports, memorandums, advisory notices and technical notes.
- Maintaining office files, manuals, handbooks and reference library, both paper and electronic, according to NRCS and department guidelines and requirements.
- Answers telephone, greets visitors and signs for incoming deliveries and other administrative tasks associated with a Field Office as needed.
- Utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications and small office machines, to include agency specific software such as Protracts, DMS, FA Tracker, NEST, FMMI, and locally developed Excel databases to extract information needed to develop reports related to scheduling, program tracking, and balancing of funds committed and expended.
- Some interaction with the general public in an office setting. Will work directly with conservation partners, program technicians in the Farm Service Agency, and NRCS Field, Area and State Office personnel.
- Provides a variety of information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and eligibility requirements, guidance on completion of required program applications, Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), and System for Award Management (SAM).
- Reviewing applications for Farm Bill programs to ensure required information and forms are present and gathers items that are missing to create a complete application package. Determines that correct signatures are in place on applications.
- Data entry in regard to processing contract documents and actions for approved contracts. Monitors and tracks commencement and expiration of contracts, contracts behind schedule, and contracts that have not completed a practice in the first year and prepares modification, termination, waiver, and annual practice reminder letters for signature. Processes annual contract reviews and various audits. Prepares documents for contract appeals such as correspondence to program applicants and contract participants and provides documents with open obligation audits. Monitors payment error rates and works to eliminate them.
- Shall have proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite software, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access. The contractor shall demonstrate the use of appropriate language to communicate ideas in words and print based on the audience and situation.
- Conduct pre-obligations and Second Level Reviews for Contract Obligation and Contract Modifications.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.