General Clerk III-GC3C_06152022
JOB DESCRIPTION *
- Assisting agency staff with program documentation, including but not limited to preparing and processing documents and correspondence, checking documents for accuracy and completeness, gathering information, reconciling payment documents, recording data, establishing and maintaining files, and transmitting information.
- Assisting agency staff with various accounting functions such as processing actions related to unfilled customer orders. This will include reviewing, monitoring, and tracking billing and collections of the agency’s receivables.
- Reviewing and verifying technical and professional materials prepared by staff specialists for format and grammatical accuracy, including interpretative materials, technical reports, memorandums, advisory notices and technical notes.
- Maintaining office files, manuals, handbooks and reference library, both paper and electronic, according to NRCS and department guidelines and requirements.
- Shall have proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite software, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and Access. The contractor shall demonstrate the use of appropriate language to communicate ideas in words and print based on the audience and situation.
- Complete standard forms for various purposes but not limited to: computer access and PIV changes, IRM-03, property forms, and AD1143.
- Reviews, monitors, and maintains various databases in excel, Access, and SharePoint to ensure are updated.
- Provide clerical assistance needed to assist with project report preparation and initiative/project completion monitoring.
- Assists with data entry into ACCESS data base to track employee’s hours worked by program and updates excel spreadsheet tracking salary and benefit expenses to date.
- Assists with maintaining and updating QAR database.
- Assists Financial Resources Specialists with ensuring audit packages are complete and submits to NHQ by deadline.
- Utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications and small office machines, to include agency specific software such as ProTracts, DMS, FA Tracker, NEST, FMMI, ConsvPDB, PSA, JAA, IMPLAN, CPDES and locally developed Excel databases to extract information needed to develop reports related to scheduling, program tracking, and balancing of funds committed and expended.
- Some interaction with the general public in an office setting. Will work directly with conservation partners, program technicians in the Farm Service Agency, and NRCS Field, Area and State Office personnel.
- Provides a variety of information to staff obtained through REAP, PROTRACTS, IDEA and other NRCS database systems along with requesting and compiling REAP data.
- May assist with development of Economic tools for field staff use.
- May assist with updates and development of EQIP/CSP cost schedules including the management and development of scenarios and enhancements.
- Reviews and maintains performance/result metrics pertaining to agreements, partnerships and various programs.
- Catalogues results from existing partnership efforts while automating data collection of results.
- May perform basic results analysis of data collected from agreements.
- Assist by providing driver support to meet NRCS operational needs.
Education and Experience: High School degree or its equivalent with at least 2 years of experience or 4 years experience in the field or in a related area.
Security Clearance: Employee must undergo a background check with local and national criminal databases and credit check to obtain and maintain a favorable Public Trust suitability determination. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.