As a Project Manager reporting to a Sr. Project Manager, or Vice President pending assignment, you will manage and lead the project team through the entire construction process – from project inception to final completion ensuring client satisfaction along the journey. Each assignment will focus on providing a high-quality product on time while balancing the financial objectives. Completed projects will adhere to the client’s regional business plan, provide service consistent with the client’s vision and value the customer throughout the project lifecycle. This role requires outstanding interpersonal skills, client service attitude, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Competitive salaries with opportunities for career growth
- Paid time off to include vacation, flex (sick/personal) and your birthday!
- Medical and dental insurance (base plan 100% paid)
- 401K Savings/Retirement plan
- Life insurance (1X of salary paid by ALLY)
- Short term disability Insurance
- Employee referral program
- Volunteer program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Great team environment with fun, caring, hardworking people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Act as a liaison, manager, and motivator to architects, engineers, consultants, local governing officials, subcontractors, and customers throughout the entire construction process.
- Work with or assist the estimating group to establish preliminary construction costs (conceptual estimate), during the design/development process to achieve a target budget for approval by senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of the owner’s construction contract and execute accordingly while maintaining a clear understanding of the terms and conditions.
- Manage the preparation of the contract or proposal price for projects through subcontractor bidding of construction documents and appropriate evaluation of scope definition while interfacing with and utilizing the estimating group. Make recommendations with regard to possible value engineering opportunities to achieve the customer’s budget objective.
- Maintain a Job Cost Analysis report (JCA) on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and maintain the appropriate project and cost control documents in a timely manner (i.e. buyout status, RFI log, shop drawing log, change request/change order logs, etc.).
- Oversee and manage the owner requisition and receivables process. Interface with the Construction Coordinator along with the Financial Group as necessary for the preparation of the Application for Payment to the owner. Review applications for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Establish project objectives, policies, and procedures, as well as, performance standards consistent with customer vision.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of required documents for necessary building permits and occupancy permits in accordance with the customer’s schedule objectives.
- Communicate and distribute contract documents, project information, and any clarifications to field personnel and subcontractors in a timely manner. Maintain an up-to-date set of contract documents in the office.
- Perform the design review of architectural, mechanical, electrical, and structural documents and provide timely feedback to appropriate team members.
- Review and approve shop drawings for submission in a timely manner to all appropriate parties. Manage and administer the production of coordination drawings.
- Manage the construction process by conducting regular job site meetings with subcontractors, owner representatives, architects, engineers, consultants, and other project personnel. The primary objective of the meetings is to provide direction to the process, set priorities for action and decision making, resolve challenges between the parties, and manage the team objectives consistent with the vision of the customer.
- Work with the Construction Superintendent to monitor on-site safety regulations and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely construction progress schedules and work with Construction Superintendent to monitor job progress to assure timely completion of projects.
- Prioritize tasks and provide the highest quality product while keeping the financial objectives of the project in balance and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Bid, negotiate, award, and prepare all subcontractor and vendor contracts consistent with the authorization limits, in a timely manner including preparation of necessary bid documents, scope clarifications, and bid analysis spreadsheets.
- Distribute pricing information as applicable of all project changes in the work to appropriate team members. Prepare, submit, and manage the approval of change requests and change orders.
- Ensure the adherence to ALLY Construction Services’ insurance requirements and require that all parties have necessary certificates in place prior to commencement of their respective work.
- Adhere to ALLY Construction Services’ Authorization Limits regarding financial matters and procedures.
- Close-out of projects in a timely manner including completion of punch list, final application for payment, and submission of all close-out documents (i.e. as-builts, manuals, certificate of occupancy, final application for payment, recognition of savings or loss, etc.).
- Resolve questions to providing clarity of the work for team members including necessary preparation and submittal of Requests for Information (RFI’s) to Owner/Architect.
- Work with Construction Superintendent on pre-construction logistic planning with regard to means and methods to perform the work.
- Interface and work harmoniously with respective Construction Superintendent and other field personnel on projects.
- Manage, oversee, and provide training/ be a mentor to Assistant Project Managers. Perform performance evaluation, if so designated.
- Work in harmony with other Project Managers that may be assigned larger projects and other ALLY Construction Services’ personnel.
- Continue education in the construction field including new means and methods, management techniques, computer skills, code changes, etc.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Construction Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- Authorized to work in the United States (Required)
To learn more about ALLY, visit us at https://www.allyconstructionservices.com