As a Senior Superintendent reporting to the Lead Senior Superintendent, or Vice President pending assignment, the primary purpose of this position is to act as the field representative responsible for on-site commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Life Sciences and Corporate Interiors. This position works closely with all members of the project team and supervises all craft subcontractors. The ideal candidate takes pride in providing a high-quality product on schedule, consistent with the customer’s vision and project objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Responsible for field activities including the planning and organizing of the project site, development of detailed construction schedules, provide oversight of all company field personnel and subcontractors for execution of the job plan, conformance with the project plans, specification and contract documents, compliance with state and federal safety regulations, the documentation of daily activities, production levels, site visitors and testing and adherence to the project budget.
- Act as point of contact with architects, engineers, consultants, local governing officials, and customers on projects in the field.
- Act as point of contact, manager, coordinator and motivator to subcontractors and vendors on projects in the field.
- Supervise the construction effort in the field to ensure that the project is completed in accordance with design, budget, schedule, and customer objectives. Conduct regular on-site meetings with subcontractors, vendors and others as appropriate with respect to schedule, safety issues, and other matters relating to performance in the field.
- Enforce compliance with all project procedures, safety program requirements, and work rules.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of field reports (i.e. daily superintendent’s reports, safety reports, etc.) and distribute to the office.
- Ensure the utmost quality of construction throughout a project.
- Complete punch list items in a time frame consistent with the customer’s requirements and the project budget.
- Monitor subcontractor’s progress and ensure manpower is adequate to meet project schedule and customer expectations.
- Prepare as necessary subcontractor work schedules and provide input to the Project Manager in preparing and updating Project Construction schedules to jointly ensure timely completion.
- Verify layout and/or checking of layout by subcontractors and the establishment of initial control lines and grades.
- Respond with clarity to subcontractors with respect to questions regarding the performance of their work. Provide documentation and coordinate with Project Manager as appropriate.
- Participate in pre-construction planning, including logistics, means and methods, bid and scope reviews, and project estimates.
- Maintain an up-to-date set of contract documents on site.
- Ensure that subcontractors are maintaining record drawings (“red-line as builts”) during the course of construction.
- Responsible for the organization, the establishment, and maintenance of the onsite field office to project a professional image (organized, clean, signage, etc.).
- Responsible for timely communication with the Project Manager on matters regarding financial issues, safety, construction progress, labor issues, material problems, quality, code issues, etc.
- Interface and work harmoniously with respective Project Managers and other ALLY Construction Services’ personnel.
- Manage, oversee, provide training, and act as a mentor to Assistant Construction Superintendents. Perform performance construction evaluations as designated.
- Work in harmony with other Construction Superintendents that may be assigned as part of a team on larger projects.
- Continue education in areas including OSHA and safety, means and methods, codes, management skills, new technology, etc.
- Maintain current Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of the permit process in those communities where performing work and communicate information on changes to the office.
- Develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of all ALLY Construction Services’ disciplines, including their role as the customer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Possess ALLY’s core values:
- Be a trustworthy ALLY with uncompromising ethics delivering allegiance, honesty and fairness
- Work with integrity, accountability and commitment
- Appreciate and respect the company culture of comradery in a diverse, inclusive and collaborative work environment
- Think Safety First!
- Passionate about giving back to others.
- Individual must be knowledgeable in all aspects of construction including technology, equipment, methods, field engineering, materials, safety, and scheduling.
- Requires outstanding interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word and Excel) and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to work in a campus setting and corporate style environment.
- Pharmaceutical or manufacturing experience (or similar) preferred.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of reading/interpreting contract documents, maintaining budgets and project schedules.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- Must be a team player.
- Preferred BS in Construction Management, or equivalent years of experience.
- 10+ years of commercial construction experience.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Have a valid driver’s license and properly maintained vehicle with the state minimum mandated levels of auto liability insurance.
ALLY Construction Services offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
ALLY Construction Services is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApplicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.