- Pay Rate is $75-$80/hour
- Initiate or lead large global or cross-functional projects that pertain to the exploration, improvement, development or implementation of new or existing products of solutions.
- Serve as internal technical expert with broad technical knowledge within the team. Helping to coach and mentor other scientists and engineers, often leading team initiatives or complex experiments.
- Build and maintain relationships across the organization, cutting across functional boundaries.
- Develop and implement new products as part of cross functional project team, translating consumer/customer needs into relevant product design elements meeting consumer, cost, quality and regulatory requirements, with supporting guidance of manager.
- Actively partner with external suppliers and development companies to extend product possibilities and identify, evaluate and implement new enabling technologies and raw materials.
- Demonstrate and share understanding of the US RTD alcohol and non-alcohol market and technologies and effectively incorporate this learning into business plans and to drive new idea potential.
- Participate actively in team building and broader Beam Suntory and external initiatives.
- Continuous improvement mindset and ability to learn from past projects and find ways to reduce complexity, utilize learnings, and increase efficiencies within the process.
Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- S Food Science or related preferred with 4 years experience, or B.S. degree with 6+ years experience.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in food and/or beverage industry. Experience in research initiatives and in ready to drink alcoholic beverages or carbonated soft drinks a plus.
- Ability to develop strong cross functional relationships within R&D as well as with Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Engineering, etc. to drive strong collaboration and results.
- Team player with cooperative, collaborative style supported by good listening and partnering skills. Culturally sensitive, with ability to work in a global multicultural cross functional organization, requiring ability to work effectively across cultures, time zones to accommodate global responsibilities.
- Desire to help build and maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture within Global R&D and broader Beam Suntory.
- Must be able to taste limited quantities of alcoholic beverage samples in accordance with evaluation/research needs.
- Ability to travel globally to partner in project work with internal and external clients, as well as support implementation at Beam Suntory facilities – travel approx. 10-30% with half local Kentucky operations and Chicago/NYC corporate offices, and balance other Beam Suntory locations. *When COVID restrictions allow.
- Physically fit for work primarily in a lab, pilot plant and manufacturing environments, which includes long periods of standing, moving, and carrying or lifting up to 50 pounds.