General Clerk III (Idaho Falls)
Employee will assist Idaho National Resources Conservation Services (NRCS) Staff with the assimilation of program documentation, development of correspondence, checking documents for accuracy, processing payments, maintaining spreadsheets, etc. Monitors and tracks commencement and expiration of agreements and prepares agreement modifications. Reviews contract obligating documents and assist in internal auditing of agreements. Work shall be completed in accordance with NRCS policies and procedures. The employee will possess excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Maps.
- Provide support with collecting and assembling cost data and processing payment
application requests and programs; reviewing a wide variety of invoices, vouchers,
and other miscellaneous paperwork associated with NRCS Programs.
• Assists with compiling all necessary supporting documents to substantiate payment
requests, ensures that payment requests comply with provisions of long term
contracting and are within obligated spending limits prior to submission of payment.
• Assist with tracking producer requests for wetland compliance and highly erodible
land assistance. Maintains wetland determination and highly erodible land case files
including producer submitted records, conservation plans and associated maps.
Tracks requests for appeals related to issued determinations.
• Assists in accuracy reviews of documentation, compliance with regulations, and
justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements and other requests for payment of
goods and services; processes program payment information; prepares for District
Conservationist’s signature and forwards completed document to financial management
staff for payment.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining contracting files and producer
records. This includes receiving and assembling program applications and
collecting producer eligibility information. Responsible for compiling contract
documentation including, but not limited to, conservation plans, maps,
photographs, resource data and technical material.
• Assists with driving Government vehicles to local shops for routine
maintenance; tracks vehicle maintenance and mileage logs.
• Assists NRCS staff in working between contractors and landowners regarding
supplying practice statements of work and deliverables.
• Schedules office machine tech support and maintenance calls.
• Processes mail by use of proper postage, preparation of packages for shipment,
provides drop off at delivery sites, provides pickup and distribution of packages
• Compiles contract documentation including but not limited to: conservation
plans, maps, photographs, resource data, and technical material.
• Assists with assembling technical notes and project documentation required to
• Provides a variety of technical information to program applicants and
participants, such as specific program and land eligibility requirements.
• Provides guidance to program applicants and participants on the completion of
required conservation planning steps and provide basic explanations regarding
practice statements of work and deliverable requirements for conservation
program participation. Contractor support will defer to NRCS officials for site
specific comments or questions.
• Assist with uploading of photos to Toolkit and Data Management System.
• Contact cooperators to follow-up on the status of conservation plan progress
and transfer landowners to the appropriate staff when there are concerns with
acceptance of the agreed upon conservation measures.
Employee must undergo a favorable background check through local and national criminal databases and credit check as well as obtain and maintain a Public Trust background investigation.
CTI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer committed to diversity. It is the policy of CTI to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.